A LaTeX plugin ought to be useful for scientific blogging, it should allow — within reason — the creation of not only inline and displayed equations but also different kinds of figures.
- It should offer the possibility to enter displayed equations using something like LaTeX’s
$$ ... $$syntax.
- Support for commonly used environments like
- Support for drawing figures using TikZ including the ability to use circuitikz for schematics
- The quality of the rendered images should be as good as possible
- Match baseline of text to baseline of inline equations (either by carefully choosing a bounding box for the rendered image or setting the
vertical-alignattribute based on whether the equation contains displayed math like big integral signs)